The 500 Hidden Secrets of Lisbon
- Where are the 5 best restaurants for petiscos?
- What are the 5 best bars from another time?
- What are the 5 best street markets?
- Where are the 5 best places to enjoy the river?
- Where should you go for the 5 best fado experiences?
The 500 Hidden Secrets of Lisbon reveals these good-to-know addresses and many more. Miguel Júdice selected 500 great places to be and interesting facts about his home town, Lisbon, like the restaurant of photographer and cooking aficionada Adriana Freire, that provides jobs as part of a social integration program, an artwork created in Alfama by street artist Vhils as a tribute to fado's legendary performer Amália Rodrigues, or a floating artwork on the Tagus river that serves as an allegorical correspondence between an iconic Lisbon ferryboat, the cacilheiro, and the picturesque Venetian vaporetto.
This is a book for visitors who want to avoid the usual tourist spots and for residents who are keen to track down the city's best-kept secrets. 500 addresses and facts in total, presented in original lists of 5. Maps & index included.
- last update November 2018
- language English
- Author Miguel Júdice
- Photographer Manuel Gomez da Costa
- Finish Softcover
- Format 12 x 18 cm
- #pages 256
- ISBN 9789460581755