The 500 Hidden Secrets of Copenhagen
- What are the 5 best places to sample New Nordic cuisine?
- Who are the most 5 inspiring fashion designers in Copenhagen?
- What are the 5 most inspiring urban details?
- What are the 5 most cosiest cafes for a rainy day?
- Which 5 things do you have to know before riding a bike in Copenhagen?
The 500 Hidden Secrets of Copenhagen reveals these good-to-know addresses and facts and many more. Author Austin Sailsbury went looking for the most wonderful places to be in the Danish capital, like a smørrebrød spot in the Torvehallerne food market that serves fresh, creative open-face sandwiches made right in front of you, a tiny arched tunnel which is reclaimed by a different artist every few weeks, who then covers the walls with his or her own vision, or an urban development where housing units were built atop a sloping concrete parking structure, thus allowing for an artificial mountainside below and cascading, terraced apartments high above street level.
This is a book for visitors who want to avoid the usual tourist spots and for residents who are keen to track down the city's best-kept secrets. 500 addresses and facts in total, presented in original lists of 5. Maps & index included.
- last update October 2019
- language English
- author Austin Sailsbury
- photographer Tino van den Berg
- finish Softcover
- format 12 x 18 cm
- #pages 256
- ISBN 9789460581762